Rev. Dairy Johnson, Sr., '72
As Coordinator of Student Success for the College, Dairy Johnson is responsible for preparing students to transition into the next level of their educational journey. He also serves as the student advisor for recipients of the Opening Doors to Success scholarship which is awarded to first generation college students. For the past eight years, Johnson has served as the chairperson for the College's annual Martin Luther King Jr. scholarship program. He enjoys working closely with students to foster relationships and create meaningful ways for them to connect with the College.
A 1972 Navarro alumnus, Johnson's work experience includes nearly twenty years in higher education with 14 of those years as an Assistant Vice President of Student Services/ Community Liaison. Prior to his work at Navarro College, he served as a publishing editor of The Examiner for the Corsicana Daily Sun newspaper (24 years) and was the pastor of Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church (35 years).
Johnson was one of the first students to earn an associate's degree in the College's new Printing Technology program. Around that time, he decided to pursue religious studies and went to Faith Evangelical Seminary where he received a B.A. in Religion. For graduate studies, he enrolled at the Grand Canyon University in Christian Studies and at the Graduate National Missionary Baptist Congress of Christian Workers.
Describing himself and his journey through life, Johnson offered a simple summary in the form of a quote from Maya Angelou: 'Nothing will work, unless you do.'
- Member of Corsicana NAACP President
- Currently Vice Chairman of the Board Community Service Inc., 2020
- Community Service - Board President, 2018-2020
- Community Service Inc. - Board Member Vice President (Private), 2016
- Legend Award - Chosen Ministries Navarro College, 2011
- Paraprofessional of the Year & Navarro College Outstanding Employee Award, 2008
- Religious Hall of Fame – Elite News Award, 2007
- Community Service Award Texas Coalition of Black Democrat of Texas, 1998-99
Read more about Dairy Johnson on Corsicana Daily Sun
Submit a story: Know of a student story you’d like to see featured here? Send an email to email@example.com and tell us all about it!